Foreign citizens, as well as stateless persons, can enter and study in Lviv Polytechnic National University at bachelor's, master's and doctoral levels for their own costs or on the basis of intergovernmental agreements. According to accredited educational programs (specialties), the study process lasts:
- 4 years for undergraduate program;
- 1,5..2,0 years for the master's degree program;
- 4 years for the program of philosophy doctor.
In general, studies at the university are conducted in Ukrainian, and in some programs (specialties) - in English languages:
- foreign citizens who plan to study the Ukrainian language program but do not speak Ukrainian, enter the preparatory department for a period of 0.5..1.0 years for mastering the Ukrainian language and other subjects on their own choice.
- foreign citizens who plan to study the English language program, or have good Ukrainian knowledge and have confirmation documents, are enrolled in the university by interview results.
Foreigners who wish to study in Lviv Polytechnic National University need to:
- Contact International Students Department and inform about their desire to study in University;
- Scan and send copies of all documents about the previously received education and wait for the answer about the studying possibilities;
- Receive the original invitation from University for an interview for further enrollment;
- Submit documents to the consular office of Ukraine and receive an entry visa;
- Arrive to Ukraine and apply for study with the relevant package of documents;
- Successfully pass interviews on specialized subjects and get positive results;
- Sign an agreement (contract), which defines the duties and rights of the university and foreigner throughout the term of study.
- To pay for 1 year study in accordance with the terms of the concluded agreement.
- Start study on the chosen specialty (specialization).